Saturday, 17 May 2008

Just got back from Paradise : by John Foster

Yes this is Paradise relaxing in great settings with friends, my trip to Redang Island in the South china seas was better than I had expected,

The weather forecast was for rain rain rain, so my expectations was not the great but thankfully they (the weathermen) got it totally wrong.and it was Sun sun sun all the way.

Of course from the moment we arrived on the island and looked down from the jetty you know you are somewhere special because the water was so clear that the coral and fishes so colourful was my greeting to this island.


From the jetty we was taken to the hotel by shuttle buses and on arrival was checked in immediately although rooms not ready till 2pm they let u check in and leave bags reception so you can go and enjoy facilities of restaurants and pool or beach.

What was nice was all the staff were smiling when they greet you, something lacking today in the service industry.


We had booked a sea view room on the hill over looking the beach and wonderful views of the sea, I have to tell you that the room was very well laid out and with big balcony with furniture to relax i was very pleased. (Berjaya redang beach resort)


The room was up a hill but the hotel had a shuttle service back and forth and only once did we have to wait about ten Min's. but if you call reception they will send golf buggy to fetch you down to the reception.


Ok well the main reason to be there was the sea and its abundant marine life, all to be seen via a snorkeling trip to the marine reserve.


This was a well run park and although I felt sad seeing the coral dying, the colourful fish more than made up for it. Although at one point I did get scared when I saw a long thin fish with long flat mouth and big teeth circling around me. I later looked the fish up and had no reason to be scared it was a plankton eater so no treat to humans.

The sea for most of the holiday was calm and clear - we saw turtles swimming and a family of them eating on the bottom.

The island for the main is jungle and one the treats for me was to see the eagle or raptors, they were very majestic looking circling above and everyday about 4 30pm they would be watching the fisher men and swooping when they saw a chance to get a free meal.


So would I recommend Redang? Yes for sure one of the best places I have been to and I am a worldwide traveler.


Recommended Read : Handy Pocket Guide to Tropical Coral Reef Fishes (Handy Pocket Guides)By Gerald R. Allen


Reading this will tell what fishes to keep distance from.

No comments:

Share It Now.

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails