Saturday, 20 February 2010

Road to Penang in 2010: by John J Foster

The Road to Penang this year for the CNY was not as busy in the past mainly due to the fact of no road works on the bridge clear all the way - of course their was traffic jams but not the stand still type just a slow down to around 50.
1st time I'd used the bridge as in the passed I was put off by people saying it was a nightmare at that time of the year. but two of the ferries were not running out of six so decided good time to try the bridge and for RM7 to cross it was a breeze.




I followed Daniels directions (gps device) to get me to the hotel(The Royal Penang.) in George Town. - A World Heritage site
On arrival I checked in and was amazed by the executive suite, it was so big with separate lounge, it felt really nice to drop the luggage and order a nice meal from room service,(which was fantastic rm14 for spaghetti boll, garlic bread). Then I had nice nap in a bed so big you could get lost in it.
Once awake I set off to Batu Ferringhi beach about 25 mins away, not to much traffic so was quite pleased to be sipping nice fruit punch on the beach in no time.
Two things I’ll remember most is the food and the nice people I met over the three days I was on the island.
Oh and all the good intention's of working on Fastlinxs.com website soon faded from my mind as I relaxed and unwinded on the Pearl of the Orient as it's known.

No comments:

Share It Now.

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails