Image via WikipediaSince I have been living in Johor Bahru it's really in the last two years that things are taking shape big style.
But like so many other things that had started but never got finished in Malaysia, I was a bit sceptical about the big news of development aimed especially at the southern capital JohorBahru.
I now eat those thoughts of scepticism because I can see with my very own eyes that things are taking shape in this very town.
Some of the things I have witnessed over the last two years are:
- Highways being developed all around the city
- Bridges from permas jaya, senai, skudai, next to the thistle hotel heading down to the new highway being built on reclaimed land from the sea. and the other way to join the ones at Permas and onto the highway.
- Reclamation of the sea right along the seafront heading to danga Bay
- Marina @ danga bay
- Marina @ Putiri Harbour
- Quayside @Seibong Cove under development.
- Foundation being laid along danga bay for the new high rise apartments.
- Bukit indah now taking shape
- Suetra Mall Area - Hugh area for eating out - One of my favorite places.
- Customs and the Komtar areas
- New Railway tracks laid
- New Government building.
Image via Wikipediaand the list goes on, along the Iskander sections
Well I for one am looking forward to it all coming to fruition and enjoy the theme parks and leisure facilities.
http://www.dangabay.com - Vision city of the Future
Johor Bahru Housing Estates: Permas Jaya, Taman Johor Jaya, Taman Abad, Horizon Hills, Taman Molek, Taman Daya, Setia Indah, Bandar Baru Uda