Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Clicking Sound when Starting the Car

Oh No! I got the dreaded clicking sound this morning when I went down to start the car, I hate this noise as it indicates to me no Battery, So being a member of the Auto Association in Malaysia - It's just one call and within about 30 Min's they are here to give me a jump start.
(well worth the rm65 per year membership fee)

On my car i have a management system that allows me to see a glance what the volts/ amps r and they are reading 12.3volts and 10.5 amps. to be honest this should be enough to start any car, so I have a feeling that the battery may be KAPUT..

I find batteries in Malaysia are not very good, this will be my 4th battery in 5 years, but up to now had them replaced free under warranty. In the UK I had the same battery used daily for about 5 years. no problems what so ever. (old type) Think ill replace this so called maintenance free with an old type one, I'm not that lazy I can not top up the battery with distilled water.

OK the aa has been and gave me the jump start i needed and I took car for a drive up and down freeway to boost the charge, should have enough now to ge me to the garage later in Johor Bahru, I am trying one recommended by my Friend. (Fingers crossed it last longer than the other's)

Some other sites with info on jump start a car,

Update....
OK just got back, took my car to Jen Auto's in Jalan Keris Satu, (131) taman Sri Tebrau 80050.
tel 07-332-6795.]

Got a New Amaron Hi-Life (indian) Battery, - Cost was RM270 fitted and testing of the old battery, In India they give 5 year warranty they are confidant of the power they hold for much longer than most others, Hope so because this will be my forth battery now in 5 years.
So wish me luck, and it's funny how they always go when you really need them.

10 comments:

gunsirit said...

I had the same experience, been replacing my battery twice now..

John J Foster said...

Gunsirit this will be my forth battery in as many years, Let's hope this one as recommended by my friend will indeed last five years as they warrant in India but here only give one year.
thanks for your comment its good to know someone is reading the blog.

regards John

John J Foster said...

Quick UPdate: this Amaron battery is the best ever, not had one problem since it was installed and from now its the only battery I will use.

John J Foster said...

Quick UPdate: this Amaron battery is the best ever, not had one problem since it was installed and from now its the only battery I will use.

John J Foster said...

Quick UPdate: this Amaron battery is the best ever, not had one problem since it was installed and from now its the only battery I will use.

John J Foster said...

Quick UPdate: this Amaron battery is the best ever, not had one problem since it was installed and from now its the only battery I will use.

John J Foster said...

Quick UPdate: this Amaron battery is the best ever, not had one problem since it was installed and from now its the only battery I will use.

John J Foster said...

Quick UPdate: this Amaron battery is the best ever, not had one problem since it was installed and from now its the only battery I will use.

John J Foster said...

Quick UPdate: this Amaron battery is the best ever, not had one problem since it was installed and from now its the only battery I will use.

John J Foster said...

UPDATE JULY 2014.
As of yet this battery is still going strong and not one time has it given me any need to worry.

one click and the cars starts up even when i not used the car for over two weeks (holiday) it started first time.

PS Reminder to myself, don't forget to swap this battery over when i get new car.

Share It Now.

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails