Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Properties in Johor Bahru, I been looking for 6 years

This would be my choice with big garden and drive
Buying a house is an important decision you will ever make, apart from it being an expensive decision it has to be a good one because in the end you will have to live in it or rent it out.
I have been looking no for nearly 6 years. Am I fussy - Yes, Let me tell you why,
First of all I am here in Malaysia under the MM2H programme. (a very good program too)

It used to be that I could buy house with price tag above 250000 but thats has since risen to 500 000, this causes me problems.
  1. to spend this amount, means big house
  2. Only two of us, prefer small home larger land. but in Malaysia to get more land have to buy big house.
  3. Buy Land - Most of the land in JB is malay reserve land - while u can get it and convert to int freehold, to much hassle.
My Ideal home is single story home with about 4 bedrooms ( 2 to let out) two reception rooms one for us and one for the renter to hang out in. a big garden for my to section into zones.
  1. Veg plot
  2. Balinese type garden area with running water and chimes
  3. a lawned area. 
  4. and a Swimming pool relax area.
I have seen some that fit the bill but to far out of town,(need to get custom every morning.) and the ones in the town are to close to the neighbours. Don't get me wrong I love to have neighbours round for coffee and chat etc, but not that they can see into your home from upstairs windows.

I search every day on-line and will continue to do so, but the one sour taste in my mouth is paying all this rent when it could have gone towards my mortgage payments instead.


Think property . com is probably the best one out their at the moment, but don't dismiss the local ones, in fact only the other day I missed out on one,  I would have bought it straight away, it had the big open rooms and high ceiling that spaned out onto a large garden. area. but the strange thing was its a unit on the ground floor of a condominium. (not considered a ground floor with garden) It met my needs as it had condo pool sports area too. and was only 450 000. for 3690 sq foot. anyway it was sold with in three days of going on-line with a local.

The main point here is the longer you daly the more expensive they are becoming. average was about 290000 its now 450 000 for semi d.

Good luck with your searches and let me know how you are getting on.


6 comments:

Takashi said...

i have no comment because my dad asked me to sign the SPA with him 7 years ago.. which i have no regrets doing that..

and whatever i want to do with the house now, i just need my bro and sister to agree on it, and i can sell it, but i will hold on till 2017 and see if it can fetch the price i want.. otherwise no point selling..

John J Foster said...

Hi Takashi, Great to hear from been following your combat adventures. I go gym everyday but your workouts look so much fun.

Anyway back to comment in hand, yes I agree with you and hold on to it, one thing for sure is bricks and mortar are a good savings account.

And 7 years ago the house must be worth much more now. your Dad was smart to get you interested in property as that's how I made my money in the UK.
and it's all about buying and selling at the right time.

Thanks for your comment

regards John

Pak Idrus said...

I would suggest that you buy two single story terres house, one corner lot and one the adjacent house. Upgrade it to a 4 or 5 star standard and voila you get a home with a garden/swimming pool and one you could rent. Take care.

John J Foster said...

Thankyou Pak Idrus for your comment, and I have also looked at that idea, one of the problems is that corner plots you are not allowed to build anything within ten feet of the outer walls, that includes putting pool into the ground. Only structures that can be removed if council need to take back that land area for road widening etc.

But I do like the idea of buying two and renting one. will let you know if I find anything suitable.

also had a look over at your blog, very nice, I like the way you chat to strangers to enrich your knowledge on your trips. that pool looks so high up in Singapore.

many thanks and regards John

Unknown said...

Hi, John. It is interesting to read your blog on good living in JB. You wrote about places to visit which I never knew it existed. Thanks for the info.
I am looking for house or condo too. But I agree with you the JB property is too hot, too expensive right now.
For searching property I normally look at www.iproperty.com.my and www.homeguru.com.my. Fyi.

Unknown said...

Hi, John. It is interesting to read your blog on good living in JB. You wrote about places to visit which I never knew it existed. Thanks for the info.
I am looking for house or condo too. But I agree with you the JB property is too hot, too expensive right now.
For searching property I normally look at www.iproperty.com.my and www.homeguru.com.my. Fyi.

Share It Now.

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails