Monday, 12 September 2011

My Simple Bread Recipe

I am asked on a daily basis for my bread recipe, and thought I'd share it, as it makes really good bread, Just make sure that the dry yeast froths so you know its active, no froth its dead and so will be your bread.
1 tbsp Dry yeast
2 x 1/2 Cup warm water 

3 cups of flour (can be 1/2 whole wheat mix)
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt

In a large bowl sprinkle yeast into half the cup of warm water, sugar and yeast, dissolve and allow 5-10 mins for yeast to froth.
Add dry ingredients to a large bowl. When yeast mixture has frothed add another 1/2 cup warm water and the oil. Mix well. Knead for 10 mins. A little trick is to twist the dough and through it down onto the surface. This really helps to make a nice dough.
I like to let my dough rise for an hour in a bowl with a lid for an hour. Once it has risen or doubled in size in can be knocked back down and shaped for bread tin or baking try. Preheat oven to 400 deg. Allow to rise for another 15-20 mins. Place bread in preheated oven for 25-30 mins or until the bottom sounds hollow when you knock on it.

I like to add Flax seeds Brown and yellow, - Good for you the above bread in picture will last me for four days.

No comments:

Share It Now.

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails