Monday, 5 March 2012

How I Doubled the P1 Wimax Signal, Using old Astro Dish.

Morning folks in Malaysia and around the world, that's what I love about blogging - you reach so many people.

Well my wifi has been slowing up lately so I thought I'd look for ways to boost the wifi signal without touching the inside of the modem, it's a very simple Mod using a Astro dish. and moving around the house trying it out until you get the best signal possible.

I Doubled the signal and increased the speed in the process.

My Signal reading's for the last few months has never got over Good, but after my trials today it's a constant Strong and Yellow in color.

The trick is do a simple attachment with elastic and tape until your happy, then you can use sticky pads and plastic ties.

anyway I still trying to get the best so better go and keep trying but just had to share with you, in case you also having probs.

Oh and speed test when done is constant around 3150 - 3597 KBPS.
















UPDATE 3.04PM just done another speed test and its getting better and better.


Speed Test














Signal strength














I have never had it this high ever! 3.16pm

wow I am so pleased with today's trial.  now its up into the green.

8 comments:

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Hi John, this is so funny, yet very clever too! We bought P1 because we were having trouble with our phone line internet connection. But we got that repaired by some TM guys, so we've sent the P1 back. Good luck with your new invention!

Duncan In Kuantan

John J Foster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John J Foster said...

Hi Duncan wow nice Picture of you both, you look so happy.

P1 so fast now I so pleased why i never done before i don't know.

thanks for your comment.
Now go make a nice apple crumble lol. let the kids help you. should be fun lol

gunsirit said...

Hi John,

It's been a long time. Glad to see that you are still blogging. I stopped blogging for a few months due to some personal reasons but am back blogging about technology.

Anonymous said...

thanks homie....

Anonymous said...

Hey you sure that will work? cuz i'm going to try that.

John J Foster said...

Yes it does work, in fact its so good now I am getting about 7 bars all Green and its running at downloads of about 3mb uploads about 1mb.

Of course the only problem is that it's unsightly, but with priorities for me the internet is very important.

Good luck let us know your improvements, take picture of signal before and after,

regards John

John J Foster said...

Hi gunsirit,

Sorry not replying some how I missed this, yes glad to have you back, I must admit that sometimes I also get so busy the blog has to suffer but all in all I always get back to it, it's the people that respond that keep me going if I got no comments or questions then I may give up also. but while their is people reading I am willing to write.

I am going through my mis life crises lol and taking my motorcycle riding test soon, I been having instruction and I absolutely love it.
From being a young boy alway seen me on a harley or something and riding off into the sunset.

OK well hope you are well
Regards John

Share It Now.

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails