Don't get to excited or you will get stung like I did, When I first moved to JB I heard about the Zon duty free shopping mall, I decided to go check it out and while I enjoyed it and got lots of booze and clothes, I was Stung by the customs on leaving the area.
But don't let me put you off because it is actually not a bad place to go, it has lots of stores, cafe and bars and at night has a great out door atmosphere and has the best fireworks shows in JB.
Now for the Info.
- The largest duty-free complex in Malaysia. It has a hotel and convention centre, a floating restaurant with a popular nightclub and a five-level shopping podium.
- Fun ZON is an elite project designed to bring fun and excitement in the city of Johor Bahru to new heights and set unrivalled standards of quality and variety in entertainment. Dedicated to wholesome fun, this prestigious and exciting element within the waterfront leisure destination of The ZON Johor Bahru
- The ZON Regency Hotel by the sea Johor Bahru is a business class hotel with 400 tastefully appointed guest rooms including 367 deluxe rooms and 33 suites. We offer our guests: convenience, comfort & breath-taking views (Polo, City & Sea), all meeting the needs for today's traveller. With four room categories to choose from Deluxe, Club Deluxe, Club Suite and Corner Suite, we believe you will have an unforgettable stay and experience.
- The ZON Duty Free is perhaps the only existing downtown duty free center in Southern Malaysia with a very unique 'Airport in the City' concept.
- Operating several duty free specialty outlets throughout the Mall, the ZON Duty Free offers the widest selection of imported products at the most competitive prices.
Chocolates - Select from a broad range of well-known international brands, all imported with quality assured
Alcohol - Fine wine, brandy, whisky, liquor, imported beers from around the world
Tobacco - Premium cigar and cigarettes
What Is Duty Free?
For eligible buyers, duty free implies exemption from import, sales or excise duties as imposed by country's customs department.
- Shopping - Occupying 5 levels and more than 400,000 square feet of indoor retail space, the ZON Mall comprises approximately 200 retail shop lots with a carefully planned tenant mix. With a new entrance and atrium greeting customers, the ZON Mall sets customers' shopping comfort and convenience as priority while adequately optimizing its variety.
- The ZON Ferry Terminal in Stulang Laut, Johor Bahru is an official seaport and an international entry point in Southern Malaysia with ferry services to several international destinations, including Batam and Bintan Islands in Indonesia. Ferries operating the routes are spacious, fully air-conditioned and comfortable with various capacities of high speed monohaul & catamaran ferries. Only 90 minutes to Batam Island(Batam Center) and 150 minutes to Bintan Island(Tanjung Pinang).
- ZON Privilege Card with improved features such as :
|10 % DISCOUNT|
Obtain 1 reward point with every RM 1.00 purchase from the supermarket, department store and duty free during sale as well as non-sale period.
Redeem your reward points from a wide and attractive range of reward gifts, carefully selected to enrich and enhance your family's lifestyle.
EXCLUSIVE INVITATIONS & SPECIAL DISCOUNTS
Enjoy additional discounts and exclusive promotions from time to time through our exclusive invitation to members.
Enjoy privilege discounts and promotions on selected merchandise / services from participating establishments.
EXCLUSIVE MAILER & FASHION UPDATES
Be informed on our store's latest promotions and fashion range via our sales fliers and promotion pamphlets.
Conveniently located within the heart of Johor Bahru City, there is plenty of transport options to get to the ZON Johor Bahru.
Bus Numbers: 10A, SS, 22, 123, 507A
- 10 Minutes from Singapore Causeway
- 15 Minutes from North-South Highway
- 45 Minutes from Senai International Airport
- 1 Hour from Changi International Airport
- 90 Minutes from Batam Island, Indonesia
- 150 Minutes from Bintan Island, Indonesia
We have 4 carparks with more than 1,000 carpark spaces, 700 motorcycle parking spaces and 8 bus parking lots to accommodate our visitors.
10:00am to 6:00pm: RM1.00 Per Entry
6:00pm to 10:00am: RM3.00 Per Entry
* Parking over 24 hours subject to hourly rate
* Valet Service Available
For more information Please Visit their website.http://www.zon.com.my/index.html