Thursday, 25 October 2012

Apple and Cranberry Sponge Cake

Wow I say that because i am now eating this wonderful sponge cake with apples and cranberries in it, and it taste so good.

I often look at things in the fridge and think what can I use these for etc.

So I made a quick batter (I trow all in and mix type of person so fast and easy to do)

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup of veg oil
3 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
4 apples peeled and chopped

just mix all together and put into a square baking tray about 9inch 

and cooked high one hour,

Method see photo below..


Trust me its a winner and taste so good even though i know self praise is no recommendation lol.

HOW TO STORE YOUR SPONGE / CAKES AFTER THEY MADE.

If you are like me and bake for two, chances are you will have left overs to put away, well here is my tips for storage.

Rule No1 - Never store in refrigerator. - Makes the cake wet and tasteless.


I find the best way is to wrap in greaseproof paper then place inside clear sandwich bags to keep out the ants etc.





Then I use One of my oven's as my bread bin - makes sense as its out of the way and keeps the cakes in your eyes view more chance you will eat them while fresh than forget then trow later on. - I know because thats what happens to me.

1 comment:

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Yeah the microwave oven is a good place to store them!
Hope you're doing well John.

Share It Now.

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails